Website Alpine Express
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Bus/Fleet Mechanic to maintain and repair buses and fleet vehicles.
Alpine Express is hiring multiple positions at the following locations: Gunnison & Crested Butte, CO
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Bus/Fleet Mechanic to maintain and repair buses and fleet vehicles. The top candidate must be familiar with all aspects of vehicle operation and must understand the functions of the major components and systems. Must have good analytical skills to diagnose problems and make decisions about the most suitable repairs. Must be competent at using servicing and maintenance tools and equipment, and be familiar with the different categories of lubricants and service parts to perform highly skilled and complex mechanical repairs. Must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail as well as follow all safety precautions. May be required to work special hours when needed. Will need excellent interpersonal skills to discuss vehicle problems and solutions with the Chief Shop Manager.
A $1-$2 per hour raise will be considered after a 90 performance evaluation.
A $1-$2 per hour raise on completion of obtaining a CDL.
- Build and assemble mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Valid certification (e.g. ASE) is preferred
We value our employees and drivers and recognize each person’s need for a safe and healthy work environment. We are committed to maintaining a safe environment for our drivers and customers that is free from illegal drug use and the misuse of alcohol. We will comply with the requirements for testing of the U.S. Department of Transportation and other Federal and State laws and regulations. We, therefore, forbid the unlawful use or possession of alcohol and controlled substances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- bus & fleet mechanical: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CDL (Preferred)
To apply, please submit resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com