Website CO West Transportation
Compliance & Safety Director provides overall support and training to maintain Co West Transportation's standards and of regulatory compliance.
Salary: $65k a year – $70k a year Annually depending on experience
Works with the CEO, the Compliance & Safety Director provides overall support and training to maintain Co West Transportation’s standards and of regulatory compliance. Ensures that our business is well-coordinated and productive by ensuring compliance with regulations, promoting safety through training and policy setting that meet the standards of the Company. The ideal candidate must be able to competently plan many different kinds of operational activities. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
Salary: DOE. Status: Administrative, Exempt, Full Time, Year Round
- Works with the CEO to set strategic goals to accomplish compliance and safety in all areas of operations.
- Responsible for maintaining records and updating policies for compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains records and promotes safety to ensure compliance with TRAX and other insurance standards.
- Ensures the Compliance Department runs efficiently, safely and minimizes costs.
- Creates and updates the company’s safety policies, keeps records of safety compliance, documents employee incidents properly, and develops and implements staff training.
- Responsible for obtaining required permits for operations and ensures operations are within required compliance regulations.
- Register and manage compliance with applicable regulatory agencies, including CDOT, DOL and the PUC for all Company locations. Monitoring communications and policies adopted by applicable regulatory agencies to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for enforcing and fostering a safe work environment that is compliant with local, state and federal DOT/PUC guidelines in all operating locations.
- Maintains, updates, and implements driver requirements per current DOT/PUC regulations.
- Conducts MONTHLY driver safety training.
- Performs all Refreshers Post Accident within a timely manner
- Performs on site inspections of accident locations
- All refreshers will be done at the terminal the employee is employed for
- Keeps driver records of compliance exceptions for audit purposes.
- Ensures that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations in all operating locations.
- Responsible for reviewing insurance policies with the VP Of Finance and making recommendations for improvements and savings.
- Ensures the fleet is compliant with all regulations by working with Fleet Management.
- Works with the Director Of Operations to oversee driver hours of service to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Responsible for OSHA reporting and compliance.
- Attend TRAX Insurance conferences and monthly webinars and report to the President and the Director of Operations on important items
- Travel to all company locations at least once a quarter to review safety procedures and ensure compliance
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Driver Qualification Files to include MVR, current DOT physical, Fingerprints,
- Pre-employment Drug screen, and annual paperwork is signed
- Training initiation/Documentation
- Accident/Incident Reports
- Hours of Service-monitoring process
- Drug Testing-Pre Employment
- Drug Testing-Random/Quarterly-Director of Operations is to be notified so she/he can coordinate on duty testing.
- File Retention
- Insurance Claims- Review
- DAMIS reports
- Verifiable experience in Transportation Compliance & Regulatory or equivalent Management position.
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service, etc.).
- Working knowledge of data analysis, performance and operation metrics.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google products, and various business software.
- Highly self-motivated, directed and detail-oriented organizational skills.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management, program staff, and outside agencies.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
BA in Business (or equivalent experience) and 5 years substantiated experience with FMCSA and DOT policies and Public Transportation Risk Management and have the ability to fully step into the position.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.