Website Alpine Express
Drivers are dedicated to providing safe, prompt, and professional service.
Alpine Express is hiring for this position in Gunnison, CO
Alpine Express is a year-round, full-service ground transportation company dedicated to providing safe, prompt, and professional service. We provide contract work for RTA.
Duties include carrying out functions pertaining to the safe, courteous, and efficient operation of assigned vehicles. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, employing defensive driving techniques, maintaining professional courtesy, making public address announcements, properly answering questions and solving concerns of passengers, and exercising prudent judgment under a variety of constantly changing operating conditions. This is a safety-sensitive position subject to the rules and regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Colorado Public Utilities Commission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent driving skills and good knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
- Transports passengers to and from predetermined locations in a safe and timely manner.
- Performs a Vehicle Inspection Report, through the electronic log on each vehicle to ensure the vehicle is safe to drive.
- Obeys all traffic rules and regulations guiding the operation of transportation services.
- Adheres to the Hours of Service rules.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Own a smartphone that will enable the download for Driver Anywhere and Samsara capabilities (Driver Applications).
- Correctly, collect fares and cash pending fares from passengers.
- Completes appropriate company paperwork.
- Reports accidents or other traffic disruptions to dispatchers.
- Keeps the vehicle neat and clean and wash the vehicle after shift, in accordance with the TE, AE, GA cleaning processes.
- Dresses in a neat and professional manner in accordance with TE, AE, GA dress code.
- Assists disabled passengers, when requested.
- Basic math skills are required for proper documentation of work details.
- Commits to scheduled shifts, with flexibility in mind for weekends and special events.
- Hours include weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid commercial drivers license (CDL) with passenger endorsement is required.
- 2+ years of proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred.
- High School diploma, completion of G.E.D., or equivalent.
- At least 23 years of age.
- A valid regular or commercial driver’s license with 5 or less points on Motor Vehicle Record.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $22.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Split shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Safety bonus
- Signing bonus
To apply, please submit resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com